Initial code for boids v2
Too many new features to list! But here are the biggies:
- Boids can move on air and/or land, or climb a goal object.
- Proper interaction with collision objects.
- Closest collision object in negative z direction is considered as ground.
- Other collision objects are obstacles and boids collide with them.
- Boid behavior rules are now added to a dynamic list.
- Many new rules and many still not implemented.
- Different rule evaluation modes (fuzzy, random, average).
- Only particle systems defined by per system "boid relations" are considered for simulation of that system.
- This is in addition to the boids own system of course.
- Relations define other systems as "neutral", "friend" or "enemy".
- All effectors now effect boid physics, not boid brains.
- This allows forcing boids somewhere.
- Exception to this is new "boid" effector, which defines boid predators (positive strength) and goals (negative strength).
Boids are nowhere near finished yet, but at least now there's something to play with. I'll make some tutorial vids later on, but for now the best advice I can give you guys is:
- Reduce particles amount
- Set particle life time & size bigger
- Set physics to boids
- Set gravity to something negative
- Go wild and experiment!