- Particles support larger than 1 frame changes, bigger frame changes can result in inaccurate results, but it's super fast!
- "Cache to current frame" button calculates the exact result of particles at current frame frame by frame when wanted.
- Current state of cache can be protected by making it a bake.
- Cache is now in memory by default, disk cache is an option.
- Only "viewport %" number of particles are calculated and cached in viewport, caching and rendering calculate all particles.
- Info on cached frames and memory usage given in ui.
- Support for exact "autocaching" of changes and large frame changes(disabled for now until exact place in event system is decided).
Sunday, June 21, 2009
First part of new cache code in svn
Pointcache code is now live so get the newest svn and test please:
I also added a small bonus feature commit of particle system parenting. It's now possible to set a parent object for particles in the particle render panel. It just changes the space in which particles are shown in viewport and rendered but doesn't effect simulation at all. So now you can move, rotate and scale particle simulations any way you like :).