- I did an experimental new (hopefully more logical) categorization of buttons and would very much like some feedback on that.
- There are now separate render & draw options, for example now there is actually a render option "halo" which is what happened previously at render with all the different point draw types.
- This should have been done a long time ago in 2.4x, but better late than never. Now particles get recalculated only from buttons that actually change something that has to be recalculated, for example changing visualization doesn't reset particles any more.
- Boid physics buttons are still missing as I'm currently redoing the whole boids code anyways.
- Point caching is still very wip, so for example baking is not yet possible.
As 2.5 doesn't yet have datablock handler buttons testing the new buttons should go something like this:
- get a 2.5 build compiled after my commit (20664)
- save a blend with particles in 2.4x
- load the blend in 2.5.