- New point cache file format (see details from commit message)
- For loading external particle caches only "location" data is strictly nescessary, other needed values can be determined from the given data.
- This will make editable point caches possible hopefully in the near future.
- Non-dynamic data (like particle times)are written automatically when baking to disk so basically a library of particle simulations should be possible.
- Old disk cache format is supported for reading, so pre 2.5 files shouldn't break. However old style memory cache (added during 2.5 development) is not supported. To keep memory cached simulations convert the cache to disk cache before svn update and save the blend.
- Every frame is not necessary since data is interpolated for the inbetween frames.
- Multiple point caches per dynamics system.
- In the future these will hopefully be nla editable etc, but for now things are simple and the current (selected) point cache is used.
- Changing the amount of cached points (for example particle count) is allowed, but might not give correct results if multiple caches are present.
- Generalization of point cache baking etc operator & rna code.
- Comb brushing particle hair didn't work smoothly.
My plan is to start working on editable point caches next so expect some fun stuff soon! :)